Google
 

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Idol Gives Back...

I believe strongly in trying to help out those less fortunate than us, and those in developing nations or nations struck with poverty. Sure, it's not going to be possible to help all of them. But even the smallest effort makes a bigger difference than we know. Ever since I was in middle school, I've done quite a few different things as volunteer work/charity work...I think it's a great way to spend your time, and the gratitude those who are being helped showed gives you such an amazing feeling...

I've recently gotten into watching "American Idol", the 'singing talent' show. Tonight was their two hour special, "Idol Gives Back". It was basically a charity show to raise money for the disadvantaged children in the world - be it abroad or right here in the United States. It's unbelievable how much a dollar can do for impoverished.

I know, this is not anything new. Most of you already know this. But the effect it can have on you when you see it first hand, before helping or after helping, is really something that cannot be explained.

I cannot emphasize enough how much someone can help just by donating ten dollars. It takes two seconds...

If you want to donate through American Idol, donate here: https://www.idolaid.com/

If you want to know what will be done with that money, visit this website: http://www.americanidol.com/idolgivesback/

I really think it's the least some of us can do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home