Google
 

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Johnny Depp in "Shantaram"...!!!

All right, so for all who do not know yet, let me start by saying, I LOVE Johnny Depp. I think he is a superb actor, and Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my all-time favourite movies. In fact, I watched it again just a few days ago and laughed as hard as I did the first time I watched it.

I just happened to be doing some browsing, and I happened to discover that Johnny Depp is going to be acting in an upcoming Indian film by Mira Nair!! [For those who don't know, Mira Nair was the director of films "Salaam Bombay!", "Mississippi Masala", "Monsoon Wedding", and most recently, "The Namesake"].

She will be starting the production of "Shantaram" starring Johnny Depp and featuring Amitabh Bhachan in the fall of 2007! I was incredibly excited to learn this and can't wait to see Johnny Depp starring in an Indian film.

"Shantaram" is a film based on the book written by Gregory David Roberts [also titled "Shantaram"], who wrote the book based on his real-life experiences. Check HERE for the plot summary.

I'm so excited! Did I mention, Johnny Depp is an absolute class act? Now that, placed in an Indian film...Mira Nair may just have discovered something...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow i dint kno this!! that is exciting

21/6/07 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home