Google
 

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A lot of random things...

Just because I didn't blog about 9/11 yesterday, does not mean a thing. It doesn't mean I forgot, it doesn't mean it doesn't matter. I thought quite a bit about it, and I think about it at other times, on other days as well. Not addressing it on that day does not mean anything. I still remember every detail of that day, and being so physically close to the incident was by no means easy on any level. That's that.

I'm feeling restless again. Not that there isn't enough to keep me occupied. There is that slight restlessness, combined with excitement over various things, while in other issues, I am experiencing a complete, emotional blackout, so to speak. It used to bug me when I heard people say they are feeling emotionless, but that is exactly what I experience more often than not these days. It's mildly strange, but not entirely unexpected actually. I think I saw this coming in some ways.

More than ever, I want to be back in the classroom. I can't stop thinking about it. There are things I know I would do differently if I could go back and do my undergraduate education all over again, but that said, I want desperately to get back into a strong academic environment. Law school, here I come...[hopefully]. I am absolutely craving the opportunity to be taught again, to have the chance to interact with peers, to get back into that intensely intellectual mindset, just really move forward into the next step in my life, and work towards establishing that very strong, full-time career in what I have been set on for quite sometime now. There are so many things I want to do in terms of career, and I am incredibly excited to go forth and have the chance to pursue all of that. Law school, teaching, and of course one of my big passions, continue my writing. It's a wonderful prospect to know that I can be immensely busy, intensely engaged and constantly working on something new, fun, and most importantly, brain-stimulating for as long as I possibly can. Sometimes, time drags and sometimes, it just does not go quickly enough... =)

Many things lately have got me thinking to a point, that I have sometimes stated, but not always meant. "It doesn't matter what anybody else thinks, or says about me". Right now, I can actually very honestly sit back, think about this, and say it by putting every ounce of belief in that statement that I can possibly put into it. It doesn't matter what a single person says or thinks about me. What's important is that I know what I am and who I am. It's important that I learn from any mistakes I might have made, and bring myself to be the person I am completely happy with. Whether or not anybody else is happy with that person is not my concern. It feels so good to realise that and mean every bit of it.

In other news, I came across this article during my regular Internet browsing, about a five year old boy in Iraq who was burned with gasoline by masked men. It's absolutely dreadful to know that things like this are happening over there, and that children who really aren't even old enough to fully comprehend the state of some of these issues, are being thrown in the middle of it and forced to endure hardships that many people never experience after living a full life. Watch his video here. It's very unfortunate.

And then we have this in the news. A 9 year old mathematics prodigy finds college "too easy". Go figure. I wonder what specific courses he's taking.

As a closing statement, I had a mild panic attack when I saw the the license plates on all our vehicles were changed. Too much 'permanent assimilation' for me to digest.

I think that's enough randomness for one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home