Google
 

Sunday, March 11, 2007

abbreviating words online

The type of language used while chatting online or sending casual/personal emails is so different from the way we write anything else. Abbreviations/acronyms have become such a norm. I cannot remember the last time anyone typed out "I will talk to you later" at the end of a conversation. Nowadays, all we get is a "ttyl". "lol" is used to tell someone you are "laughing out loud" and "rotfl" is used in place of "rolling on the floor laughing" to tell the other person how funny something is.

Sure, some of these are fine. But seriously, people have to stop writing the word "come" as "cum". It's beginning to get a bit ridiculous. "Cum" has one less letter than "come". How hard can it be to write the actual word? Almost everywhere, I see sentences such as "Are you cumming?" and "cum fast!" and "I want you to cum now". I think it's beginning to get a bit much...

Just write the actual word. It's not a big deal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Noemaun Ahmed said...

sometimes it is very irritating to read some words.

11/3/07 11:42 PM  
Blogger Jayashree said...

Hmm something is making me think it is not the extra letter not being typed out that is making you uneasy......

Hmm, I would think that a coversation containing "Are you cumming?" "Cum fast" and "I want you to cum now" would showcase a very EXCITING conversation. More over it makes me wonder who you are talking to. hahahah hmmmmmmmmmmm

12/3/07 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home