Google
 

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Helplessness...

I'm sure all of us, at some point or another, have been in positions where we just feel completely and utterly helpless. I think the most desperate feeling in the world, results from two different situations of helplessness.

Have you ever known so many things that you just can't do anything about them no matter how much you want to? There's just nothing, no matter how hard you try to come up with something, that you will be able to do to make a situation better. It's hard when either you find out about something or someone tells you something and you just don't know what to do with that information. At the same time, it might be something that's more horrifying than you have ever heard. And it just eats away at you. There's nowhere to go with it. That's "helplessness" situation number one.

Are you someone who is able to offer the best advice to everyone that comes to you? People trust you, and know that you will not go and say things to others about the information they entrust you with. They seek your advice, because they feel you are in a position and fully capable of helping them. That's all fine and dandy, but have you ever been in a situation where you are able to help everyone around you, but you aren't able to help yourself? Where did all that good advice go when YOU need it? It never comes to you when you need it for yourself. That's "helplessness" situation number two.

Recently, I have been in both these situations, more than once in the past week, and it's frustrating. It's a frustrating feeling, and there have been times that I have just wanted to rip my hair out.

But, at the end of the day, I know that tomorrow is a fresh start and I will feel a little better about everything going on. Eventually, I'll come up with ways to deal with situations beyond my control, and I'll figure out how to handle things going on with me. I suppose it's difficult because there are times that I just feel as though I should be able to handle everything that I am taking on. But you know, that isn't always possible. We are all going to fail at something at some point or another, and we need to just take that as a learning experience and move on. I am not responsible for everything that happens in this world, and neither is anyone else. I need to be able to accept that, and take things for what they are without feeling as though I should be doing something to make it better.

I guess that is something that will only come with a lot of time, and a lot of patience.

On another note...

I happened to go to Blanchard Springs Caverns this weekend, in the Ozark Mountains. It is one of the two most beautiful caverns in the world (the other is slightly further south from Dallas, Texas). My gosh, I didn't believe it until I entered...I guarantee, if you ever go there, you will be awe-inspired. One of the MOST beautiful places, literally, that I have ever seen in my life. I felt this aura just surround me, engulf me, and take me to an entirely different place. I will post the pictures up when I get them, so you can see for yourself how incredibly gorgeous this place was.

The only thing that was slightly frustrating, was the fact that the guy at the ticket counter took one look at me and said "one children's ticket..." and starts ringing it up. The children's ticket only qualified for those who were ages 6-15! I wanted to jump over the counter and beat him up...ok but I didn't...ooohh but I was NOT happy!!

Ah, well, anyway, that's all for now ya'll. Tomorrow will be a better day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home