Google
 

Monday, October 31, 2005

Randomness (as usual)

Hmm...I don't really have any interesting updates haha. It's Deepavali season!!! A very Happy Deepavali to all of my Hindu/Sikh/Jain friends :-D The Hindu festival of lights, our New Year, a season of colorful decorations, happy get-togethers, new clothes, lots of yummy food and sweets!! If you're interested in learning about the basic traditions of Deepavali in different parts of India, as well as in the different religions (Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism), you can check out this website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali

Oh and Happy Halloween to everyone!! The days are getting colder and colder...not liking it very much! I've been somewhat under the weather lately, with a dry cough and runny nose, regardless of the fact that I have been wearing layer upon layer and never stepping out of my door without a warm jacket and a scarf! Ah well - the weather change always seems to get me regardless of how many precautions I take!

So UofM beat Northwestern on Saturday :-D and the Cowboys won yesterday 34-13!! Yayyy...ok so they were playing the Cardinals who suck, but still - I'm happy they won =) And then there are the Giants, who just totally whooped Washington's butts with a whopping 36-0. The most disappointing game though was Jaguars vs. Rams - Rams won 24-21 despite the fact that most of their star players were missing, AND they don't have their head coach Mike Martz this season due to his heart illness. I can't believe that the Jaguars basically had it handed to them on a silver platter, but they still managed to lose. Pretty frustrating.

Anyways, I can't wait for Thanksgiving to roll around - I really hope I get a chance to see my sisters (or at least some of them)...I miss you girls!! Anddd, my little cousin and aunt from California are coming! I haven't seen them since 2003 when I went to visit them, so that will be very nice. And Priya's engagement is during Thanksgiving too! My gosh, it will be an eventful break! Counting down the days... =D I can't wait for this year to get over...I want 2006 to come rolling in fast!!! It's soooo close! Pretty crazy how fast time goes these days. Do I say that a lot? Yeah...I thought so.

So I never realized finding a literary agent to help represent me and my book would be so difficult. I haven't even contacted anyone yet because I just can't seem to find a literary agent who would be "perfect" to represent me and the type of book I'm writing! I can't believe how much knowledge I've gained through this whole process though, and I know that it's only the beginning with far more to learn. I think I've learned more from doing my own thing and gaining experience on my own, than all the grade school and college I've gone through. Sad, isn't it?

I made my third oil pastel drawing, this time on canvas paper and it looks so cool - it's of Goddess Mahalakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth. Only problem is that, when I scan it, it doesn't come out properly! Well, not like the other scanned drawings came out that well, but at least the viewer could get an idea for what it looked like. This one just came out so "crappily" that it's not even worth displaying. Yes, I just made up a word. Crappily.

All right, that's about it for now! Ciao.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf u watch football??? i had no idea...sweet

3/11/05 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home