Google
 

Friday, August 12, 2005

Excited...nervous...whoa...

Well, the news is finally safe to share with one and all...as most of you are aware, I have taken up writing as, what you might say, a second full-time job. My biggest project currently, was the novel that many of you may know I was working on.

A friend of mine had given me a contact for a movie director based in the New Jersey area, who asked me to write a script for him. To make a long story short (not getting into details here), things went sour between the two of us, and I asked to stop working with him. Prior to that however, he had listed my website (www.smrithi.vze.com) in his newsletter, which another movie director happened to see. After reading the short synopsis of my book in my website, he was intrigued and proceeded to contact me.

After several email correspondences, which led into phone conversations, he decided that he wanted to make my novel into a movie. A contract is being worked out for me to sign as soon as I return to New Jersey.

I am in a position to finally share this news with everyone; sad thing is, my parents do not know, and will not know, until I complete my writing. Prior to filming, I think they will feel as though I am getting distracted from studies and not focusing on "what's important" as they so might say. I've realized parents don't always know what's best for you, and I've come to the conclusion that in this case, what they don't know (for now) won't hurt them.

But it is finally official, and not only will I be publishing a book, but releasing a movie at the same time, in one shot. It's a crazy opportunity that I don't think I ever imagined I was capable of getting, but wow, I have it.

The soundtrack for the movie will be put together by Alok Saksena (www.saksenaonline.com) as well as some fusion tracks done by him and Raghuveer Ranganathan (www.raghu.echoz.com).

Other updates about the movie will be posted as and when they occur, obviously, but for now, you can check my website which will have immediately posted any new updates.

I think one thing can describe how I feel overall: overwhelmed. I'm excited, happy, confused, anxious, nervous, restless, shocked, thrilled, you name it, I feel it, all in one. I'm feeling a lot of pressure to get everything done faster, which is hard with everything else I'm trying to juggle, PLUS trying to write behind my parents' back. I suppose I'll figure out some way to manage it though, won't I?

Well, that's all for now ya'll...good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home