Google
 

Thursday, July 20, 2006

clarification

I think I need to clarify something that came up as a result of my previous post. I am by NO means a feminist. I don't spend my whole life fighting for women's rights. I think that those women who are capable of it, will find a way to come up on the corporate ladder or any other ladder they feel the need to "conquer". I don't believe in feminism whatsoever. I am not say that all males are male chauvenistic pigs either. I am just saying that some men's views are entirely ridiculous.

A comment was made on my last post that men such as the one I talked about are not worth dealing with. I absolutely agree. Unfortunately, the situation I was in forced me to talk to this man. I had no choice. I cannot go further into what the situation was, but I assure you I had no choice but to talk to him because I had to work with him to work towards reaching a compromise/final outcome to a certain problem at hand. I know though, that it is almost impossible to make a grown man understand his views may not be favorable or "morally" right, or whatever it is, because what has been learned and instilled in his brain over so many years is not going to change just because one person talks to him and tells him the way he thinks is not the "right" way to think. There are so many things I just said that probably need disclaimers labelled all over them, but I'm not in the mood to sit and type those out. Hopefully, you all get the jist of what I'm trying to say.

But basically, I wanted to make it clear that I am not a feminist, and I don't think all males are chauvenists.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

By saying you're not a feminist what exactly does that mean? You don't stand for women to have equal opportunities such as their male counterparts?

For example, my dad was sort of like a male, macho macho man, but then he had all girls, he gave up alot of things and sacrificed quite alot to make sure that his girls had just as much as what they could get, i.e. hence becoming a feminist.

Really now, I don't see why people hate the word, it's like saying feminist means lebsian or something.

And right, not all males are pigs, I can't even say most are, but they are some, similar to females.

Anywho, I get it :)

20/7/06 11:33 PM  
Blogger Writer Through Life... said...

Of course I think that women should be given the same rights as men, but that doesn't mean that I am going to fight for all women to have this right. I will fight for myself to have the same opportunities, but I'm not going to spend my time fighting for all women, which technically is what the word "feminist" implies. I think any woman should be capable of handling themselves and learning how to adapt and deal with situations and prove that they are just as capable as what most people think men are capable of, if not more. That's all that I wanted to clarify.

21/7/06 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home