Google
 

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

St. Louis, MO

So, I got back late last night from St. Louis, Missouri after spending the weekend there. Sadly, I think I would have enjoyed it far more if it were not for the fact that I was with my parents and brother. I seem to feel that I would enjoy life far more if I were by myself rather than with them, which sadly, is not the way it should be!

Ah, well, what to do about it? Anyway, before I forget:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL GIRLS SURYA AND JYOTHI! I love you both soo much! MUAH! (August 14th)

Happy Belated Independence Day to all my Pakistani friends (August 14th)

Happy Belated Independence Day to all my fellow Indians! Jai Hind! (August 15th)

Ok, now that that's out of the way...

St. Louis overall was nice...we didn't get there until Saturday evening, after which we just relaxed in the hotel. We woke up early on Sunday morning to go into the city (we were staying in a hotel in Collinsville, IL, only about 14 miles from the city of St. Louis...it's practically on the border of Illinois and Missouri). We saw the infamous arch, of course, the gateway to the West. Turns out it's much bigger than I expected it to be :o). Pictures to come once I get them (I know I know, I've been saying that for everything and not one picture is posted...I promise they will come...eventually!). One thing I've realized; PEOPLE ALL OVER DON'T SEEM TO THINK I'M A DAY PAST 15! I was given the child's ticket ONCE again!! Goodness. I don't look THAT young now, do I? I suppose it will help me in the long run, when I'm 30, and look 20 :-D (hey there's a bright side to everything eventually, isn't there?) :o)

Anyway, Monday was spent at Washington University since my brother is a rising senior in high school, looking at universities and colleges to apply to. The university was certainly a beautiful one; yet it was very depressing to be there, only because of the mere reminder that I am a student at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, one of the very few universities across the nation that permits no prominent social life whatsoever. Sad.

Anyway, we left St. Louis at around 4:00pm yesterday afternoon, then began our drive back to Little Rock, AR. Unfortunately, along with getting lost several times at the beginning of our trip, as well as going on endless gas station searches in the middle of nowhere, we didn't arrive home until past 11:00pm. To make matters worse, I was quite sick suddenly, with an upset stomach. Unfortunately, that carried into today, and my stomach is still not very stable. Hopefully I will be ok by tomorrow!

Well, nothing else for now...good night everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home