Google
 

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I love SPB!!

So this Sunday, October 8, was the much awaited SP Balasubramaniam concert. It was absolutely amazing. Apparently, SPB was extremely sick. He had performed in New Brunswick, NJ that Friday, and was hoping to cancel this particular show in CT because he was that sick. However, the officers of the CT Tamil Sangam who were sponsoring his concert begged him not to cancel because of the number of tickets that were sold and the number of people who were expected to attend the concert.

He finally agreed and he made it to the concert. His singing was flawless. I was thoroughly impressed. Most of the songs were among my favourites too, which made it that much better. Of course, the concert left me wanting more, and of course, there were songs I wanted to hear and didn't get to because there was no time, but like my friends were saying, no matter which songs he had sung and how long the concert was, there would have been a slight bit of dissatisfaction regardless because there would have still been songs that were not sung and I wanted to hear, etc.

Then we had dinner in the same hall as him and got our pictures taken. It was apparent he was very sick since his face was emotionless and it was very obvious he wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep.

Whatever it is, I'm just really happy [all right, for very selfish reasons], that he made it, sang for us, and that too, completely flawlessly, and I had the chance to hear him live!

SPB is amazing =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home