Google
 

Monday, October 30, 2006

today's agenda: wake up, brush teeth, eat, go to work, fly a plane...?

Life has kept me busy. I seem to always be engaged in doing a handful of different things, which is good because I have no room to be bored. Can't say I'm entirely satisfied with the way things are right now though. Sometimes, circumstances entirely beyond my control tend to offset my usual way of handling myself and things in my life, which is frustrating beyond what I can explain, but sometimes there is nothing else to do but to suck it up and deal with it.

Anyway, how many of you can say you have flown a plane? Up until last Thursday, I definitely couldn't have. And when I woke up Thursday morning, I didn't wake up thinking, "hm, what should I do today? I think I'll go maneuver a plane in the air." Nope, definitely wasn't thinking that. I woke up thinking I was going to a flight show hosted by the RPI flight club or something along those lines. I walk in however, and discover a flight instructor waiting to teach me how to fly a plane. Now let me ask, how many of you can say you have gotten a surprise birthday gift as incredible as that? I'd be willing to bet, not many. It was absolutely incredible - I learned to check the plane before taking off, I learned to maneuver the plane on the ground, I learned to take off by myself, I learned to handle the plane in the air by myself, and I learned to land, though with a bit of help from my instructor so it would be as smooth as possible. However, I would say about 95% of the time, I was in control of the plane. Now, the next time I step onto an airplane to travel somewhere, I know exactly what is going on up front. I was speechless, the experience was one I can't even begin to describe, and overall, it was just stunningly awesome. That was one hell of a surprise birthday gift.........

Aside from the fact that I still cannot get over the fact that I had the chance to fly a plane, no other big news. I'm just still high from flying that thing. Friggin awesome. No words to describe it. Just plain awesomeness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...who gave u taht as a gft?!?!!

if its a gurl: kidnap her and make her ur adopted sis

if its a guy: marry him

if its alredy a relative: well...thats awesome!

1/11/06 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home