Google
 

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

I've had a lot of concerned calls from friends and even people I haven't talked to in sometime, concerned as to whether or not I was affected by the vicious Hurricane Katrina. While it was passing through Louisiana and Mississippi, we had thunderstorms and severe rain, but nothing serious enough to cause a lot of damage to my home in Little Rock. Actually, several Louisiana and Mississippi residents fled to Arkansas, so many shelters and churches here are housing those people. The effects were devastating, as I am sure most of you have been following in the news.

I know someone who's relatives lived in New Orleans; their home has been destructed and none of their belongings are recoverable. It's such a tragedy that this suddenly happened to so many innocent people. And the deaths? They still do not know how many people have died.

I just hope that New Orleans will not become the next Pompeii...

I myself am actually worried, as I have a good friend in Baton Rouge who I had the chance to speak to just prior to the hurricane; now he has not been online for 2-3 days, nor is he available by phone (I called but due to lack of service/subscription...or something or other, it refuses to connect me)...so I resorted to the only other form of contact I had, email. However, this isn't reliable either, since, I only have his college email address, and he just recently transferred! I can only hope that I hear from him soon...

I am going to ask you all to pray for the safety of those who have so horribly been affected by this act of Mother Nature. For those of you who don't pray or believe in God, please hope for the well-being of these individuals.

Well, that's all for now. More to come later, as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home