Google
 

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Late again...

It's funny...I went from writing in this blog almost everyday to pretty much forgetting I own it! So I realize I'm late once again in updating this, and for this, I apologize. (Or maybe I don't, and I'm just being "politically correct" ;-) hehe).

Oof...so what's happened since I last spoke to all of you...well, I'm back at school. Things are going well, though I'm unusually homesick more often than not. My parents and brother came to visit me this past weekend, and it was honestly a wonderful time. My brother was quite sick though, but is on his way to getting better.

[2:19:22 PM] Shankar Kar says: m back
[2:19:25 PM] Shankar Kar says: so whats new
[2:19:47 PM] Smrithi says: haha nothing is ever new...i lead a boring life
[2:19:49 PM] Smrithi says: lol
[2:20:05 PM] Shankar Kar says: thats not true..
[2:20:13 PM] Smrithi says: hahah trust me, it is:)
[2:20:15 PM] Shankar Kar says: everybody lives an interesting life.. otherwise..there is no life.[2:20:16 PM] Shankar Kar says: hahahaha
[2:22:16 PM] Smrithi says: loll, trust me....smrithi's life = boring life..."boring life" is not equal to "no life"...therefore, smrithi's life is not equal to "no life" which translates to smrithi's life = life[2:22:32 PM] Shankar Kar says: omg
[2:22:45 PM] Shankar Kar says: cant believe that u dwelt on it so deeply..
[2:22:46 PM] Shankar Kar says: hahaha
[2:23:02 PM] Smrithi says: hahaha shut up, i go to RPI...i have an excuse for being nerdy

haha there is a part of my skype conversation with Shankar. It was funny at the time. Now I just have no idea how I turned something so stupid into a proof. Ew.

Anyway, things with the book are going well - I had my first interview 2 weeks ago, which is located at http://www.theculturalconnect.com/archives.php?edition_id=1&publish_date=2006-01-24. I admit, I've always been skeptical about interviews I read because I always have this subconscious pre-conceived notion that those who are being interviewed are saying only what they want their readers to believe. I answered those questions as honestly as I could - I even admitted the one thing I'm made fun of most for! That I'm short! :-P

I think I've changed. I know that's a random statement with absolutely no flowing transition from my last paragraph, but I'm not out to construct a grammatically correct paper at the moment. I don't know how, I don't know why, but I know there's something different about me than what there was maybe just a few months ago. Perhaps it is something I didn't quite want to admit to myself, but when others start pointing out this change, maybe it's time to start taking notice. I feel less connected with people I used to feel connected to. I used to be one of the most talkative people in large group settings - all of a sudden, I find myself incredibly quiet and nonreactive to much of the conversation which occurs around me. Apparently, I even once in awhile completely detach and "distance" myself from those who are closest to me. And I know it's happening. I know I'm doing it. But I can't seem to figure out why. I don't know what's causing this change in me. Frankly, I want the old person back. I think I'm just dealing with a lot of little changes that get to me every now and then, and are expressed in some strange, outwardly, subtle way that others pick up on as well. It's just a phase. I'll surely snap out of it soon enough. No doubt in my mind. For now, I'll just continue to try and be the person I want to be. I think part of that person is who I was not too long ago. She'll be back =)

All right ya'll, more from this gal soon. And by soon, of course I mean in 2 months :-P

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smrithi has a very interesting life :o)

8/2/06 11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home